Martock Primary School, Elmleigh Road, Martock, Somerset TA12 6EF
Telephone 01935 823486
NOR: 212 Age Range 4-11
The Governors wish to appoint a SENCo/Class Teacher (one post)
0.6 SENCo (pay according to experience plus SPN 1 Allowance) AND
0.2 OR 0.4 Class Teacher (pay according to experience)
Required for Summer 2018 (9.4.18) OR Autumn 2018 (1.9.18)
The governors are advertising this post with a degree of flexibility around the number of days and the start date. This is to ensure we attract the right candidate to undertake this essential role in our lovely school.
Martock Church of England Primary School is a 7 class school set within a large, and beautiful, village in Somerset.
A large number of children have additional educational needs and there are a number of experienced staff who support them. The SENCo is the line manager of the teaching assistant team and also a part of the Senior Leadership Team taking an active role in broader, strategic developments.
This important post will be filled by someone who:
· Has an inclusive philosophy and has excellent leadership skills
· Is fully committed to our school community and its children
· Is a qualified, experienced, high quality primary school teacher
· Has, or is prepared to work towards, the National SENCo Award
We can offer:
· A happy, forward looking school with a hard-working team
· Good systems to support vulnerable learners
· An excellent Teaching Assistant team who undertake interventions and support
· The support of a full time SENCo Assistant / Pastoral Leader
Please apply by application form along with a covering letter to Mrs EA Wilson-Chalon, Headteacher, at the school email@example.com
In their covering letter candidates should address three key points
· Their reasons for applying for this post
· Their beliefs about inclusion in a mainstream primary school
· What they feel they could bring to this post
· Candidates are also asked to express whether they would prefer 0.8 or full time and whether they would prefer April or September start date.
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 10th December 2017
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed – please call for an appointment