Are you a committed and inspirational SENCO looking for a new challenge? St Mary Magdalene is a thriving all through school in the Royal Borough of Greenwich, looking to appoint a SENCO to join our secondary team.
We are looking for someone who is capable of initiating and developing effective strategies which will enable our SEND pupils to achieve their full potential. This is a critical role within St Mary Magdalene as we continue to grow and develop.
We are looking for:
- a secondary Inclusion Leader/SENCO with a proven track record in leading and managing all aspects of Inclusion
- someone who is committed to raising standards for all students
- someone with strong leadership and good organisational skills
- someone who can take responsibility for specialist teaching staff and designated teaching assistants, and who can effectively liaise with relevant staff, external agencies and parents.
We can offer:
- a supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
- a positive school culture which believes in distributed/ collaborative leadership
- a commitment to continuing professional development
- energetic and enthusiastic high attaining pupils
- a supportive, Christian ethos across our school communities
About the school: St Mary Magdalene is a popular and successful Outstanding school with three school campuses; primary sites in Woolwich and on the Greenwich Peninsula and a secondary site currently based in Blackheath. It leads a Federation with another primary school in Greenwich (SE10), Christ Church. St Mary Magdalene’s secondary phase opened in September 2016 and will provide a total of 900 places for students aged 11-16; it will also offer a sixth form provision providing 300 places for students aged 16-19 from September 2019. The permanent school site on the Greenwich Peninsula will open in October 2018.
Closing Date: Monday 19th February 2018
Interview Date: w/c 26th February 2018
Starting date: Negotiable
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to show they share this commitment; enhanced criminal records bureau disclosure is required for all staff.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend interview.