Smart Teachers is recruiting for a well-qualified and enthusiastic SENCO / Special Educational Needs Coordinator to join an “Outstanding” secondary school in Hammersmith and Fulham. This is an exciting opportunity for a SENCO / Special Educational Needs Coordinator to lead and develop SEN provision as well as support effective practice for pupils with particular learning needs to ensure their needs are addressed in the most effective way. The SENCO / Special Educational Needs Coordinator position will begin in April 2018 on a long term basis with the potential to go permanent should the right candidate be selected.
About the Role
· SENCO / Special Educational Needs Coordinator
· Full time
· April/ 2018 start
· Long Term
· Potential to become permanent
· Lead the development across the academy of the most effective teaching approaches for pupils with SEN.
· Line manage the Inclusion Team including Learning Support Assistants and Learning Mentors.
· Support development of high achieving classrooms which supports the achievement of pupils with additional learning needs
· Daily rate between £135 and £215 (dependent on experience) + TLR
About the School
· Non-selective comprehensive school
· Caters for pupils aged between 11-18 year-olds
· Rated ‘Outstanding’ across the board by Ofsted
· Friendly and supportive working environment
· Well-motivated and academically selected pupils
· Short walk from a nearby train station
In order to be considered for this role, the SENCO / Special Educational Needs Coordinator Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
· Strong behaviour management preferred but not essential
· Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Undertaken specific SENCO training
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum preferred
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number SZV13171.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.