Al Rabeeh Academy is seeking an enthusiastic, adaptable and committed Special Educational Needs (SEN) teacher to work across both the Primary and Secondary departments, to start as soon as possible.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a new, purpose built school, which opened in August 2017 and is part of a growing network of schools. The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. Our founding team are pioneering teachers striving for the highest standards, to provide our children with the best possible curriculum within the context of the UAE, every day.
Applicants must be fluent English speaking, hold a relevant degree in Special Education and teaching, and have a minimum of 5 years’ teaching experience in schools that follow the British National curriculum. Person specification:
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Fluent English Speaker
- Relevant degree in Special Education and UK recognised teaching qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a British Curriculum school
- Experience of current UK SEN initiatives and pedagogy
- Innovative teaching and learning practices
- IT proficient, in order to motivate and extend student’s learning experiences/digital literacy
- Multitasking skills required in our dynamic, start-up environment
- Strong focus on pastoral care ensuring the needs of each student is met
- Competitive salary (tax free)
- An initial two year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
- Furnished accommodation (including utilities)
- Annual return air ticket/allowance
- Baggage allowance
- Medical insurance cover
- End of service gratuity
- Visa arranged by the school
To apply please use the ‘apply now’ button and follow the process, or forward your CV, covering letter and photograph to the Principal, Ms Alison Lamb at firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications: Friday, 2nd March 2018. Video conferencing or telephone interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous. While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.