KAA is a growing 11-18 academy. In our first three years we have built a school which has the very highest standards, both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. We now have 720 students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, and 200 in Y12 & 13. Our school is heavily oversubscribed at both Year 7 and Sixth Form.
At KAA we are building a school which has the very highest standards - both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. In July 2014 the Department of Education reported we are “one of the best new academies they had ever seen” in terms of our planning and curriculum development. In November of that year we were inspected by Miriam Rosen, former HMCI, who wrote “the academy has made a remarkable start and is already securing highly positive outcomes for students.” We look forward to our first full Ofsted inspection in due course and aim to achieve ‘outstanding’ in all areas.
- Strategic direction and development of SEN and EAL provision
- Monitoring the impact of teaching and learning activities on the progress made by pupils with SEN
- Liaising with other schools to ensure continuity of support and learning when transferring pupils with SEN to the academy
- To be responsible for monitoring provision for children with SEN, Statement, LAC, EAL, and liaise with staff and appropriate agencies
- Playing a leading role in maintaining/establishing the whole Academy’s culture and ethos and providing strategies to support pupils with SEN and EAL to meet the Academy’s demanding expectations in the area of behaviour for learning.
- Line managing the Inclusion Team including Teaching Assistants, Learning Mentors
- Helping to maintain/establish discipline across the whole academy
- Contribute to the effective working of the academy
Deadline: Apply by 9 am on Monday 20th November 2017
(early applications encouraged)
Please send your completed application form to Lavinia Baboi at email@example.com
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.