Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a SEND 1:1 Teaching Assistant to work alongside a Year 1 pupil with severe ASD/EBD at a large primary school in Blyth. This is a full time position starting from January 2018 and will likely run through to the end of the academic year.
The successful Teaching Assistant will have previous experience supporting children within KS1 with ASD and EBD. A good knowledge of the KS1 curriculum is advantageous, however, experience of supporting children with these needs is more essential.
To be considered for the position of SEND Teaching Assistant you must:
- Have experience supporting children on a 1:1 basis
- Have experience supporting children with SEND (ASD/EBD)
- Hold a Level 3 or above qualification in childcare
- Have a patient and caring nature
- A varied skill set with a wide range of strategies to engage children with ASD
- Have a passion for identifying children’s varying needs and adapting your approach to match
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to you seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of Vision for Supply Team you will benefit from:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated Primary consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Unparalleled daily rates
- Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a qualified Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities across Vision for Education contact the Primary Education team, at the Newcastle branch.