SEND and Wellbeing Centre Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a committed SEND and Wellbeing Leader to join our growing Academy
Bolingbroke Academy, a secondary school for 11-18 year olds, welcomed its first Year 7 pupils in September 2012, with another 120 pupils joining every year until the school is fully subscribed in 2018. Bolingbroke Academy provides a first class learning environment based on outstanding teaching, great relationships and excellent facilities. Our staff are pivotal to our success and as part of the Bolingbroke and wider Ark schools team, you will have the opportunity to work with great colleagues and develop your career through our professional development programme.
We are looking to recruit a committed SEND and Wellbeing Leader to work with the Inclusion team to run the SEND and Wellbeing Centre (SWC) within school. The SWC is a provision for our most vulnerable pupils. This is a safe space that allows our pupils to take timeout to reflect and be supported to regulate their emotions ready for learning
The SWC is a space that we use to offer small group and 1:1 interventions for pupils on our SEND register.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have GCSE grade C or above in core subjects – English & Maths or comparative experience
• Be effective working with children with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
• Have good organisational skills and efficient working practices
• Have good time-management and the ability to cope with work pressure
• Have the ability to work effectively with and command the confidence of, teaching and support staff.
• Work both independently and as a member of a team
• Have the ability to monitor, track and evaluate behaviour data
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
• Join a network of Ark schools and gain access to an exclusive range of benefits, including reduced gym membership and a comprehensive CPD provision.
Please apply at
and submit your application no later than 11.59 15th October 2019
Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis so early applications are encouraged. Strong candidates may be invited to interview prior to role’s closing date
Deadline: 11.59 15th October 2019
Location: Wandsworth, London
Start date: September 2019
Salary: £21,727 - £22,858
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. This process is outlined here, but can be provided in more detail if requested. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.