Design and Technology Teacher
Vision for Education are recruiting a design and technology teacher for a special school in North Yorkshire.
The school is a non-profit making charity and provides a full academic curriculum, outdoor education and PHSE programme.
Staffed by experienced support workers and teachers skilled in conflict resolution who understand Asperger Syndrome and social and anxiety related problems, you will be joining a team that believes young people who have difficulties are helped by a safe, peaceful and secure environment. They are given space and time to address their difficulties by their own intellect and skills.
The successful teacher will be responsible for:
- Developing the DT curriculum in Key Stages 2-5 including diversifying the provision beyond GSCE to include the qualifications such as ABC awards and NCFE
- Teaching pupils aged 9-19
- Acting as mentor to at least one pupil
- Ensuring a high level of safeguarding and Health and Safety inside the workshop
- Supporting the ethos of the school
- Knowledge of welding, teaching welding and it's processes
The successful candidate will have a knowledge and keep up to date with the National Curriculum and the variety of other curriculum pathways and the Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education.
You must have an understanding of how pupils' learning is affected by their physical, intellectual, emotional and social development and to adapt to meet these and address needs identified in their EHCP.
The ideal candidate must have success at working with children with behavioral difficulties and have an understanding of Asperger's Syndrome, Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder and other common SEBD issues.
This position is start January 2017 ([potentially sooner) and will be 2 term position with the opportunity to move to a permanent role.
Please call 01642 694117 or email your CV with cover letter to email@example.com