Vision for Education (the supply arm of TES), are actively recruiting for an open minded, empathetic, adaptable and engaging Learning Support Assistant who has experience working with Earyly Years and Primary (KS1 / KS2) students who have Autism. This is a long term, full time but temporary role to work within a specialist unit for Autism within a main stream setting.
Key responsibilities are to continually develop and support speech and language progress as well as assisting the Teacher both in and out of the class room.
Personality is paramount whilst being able to maintain a calm, patient but enthusiastic manner is required to achieve progress with these young students.
This role would suit Newly Qualified Teachers who are looking to gain further experience in a challenging but rewarding SEND environment.
- The ideal applicant will have previous experience working with challenging behaviour / be Team Teach trained.
- Applicants must hold a current DBS (Children and Vulnerable Adults) and it be registered on the online update service or be willing to undergo a DBS check through Vision for Education.
- Applicants must be available 5 days a week and be able to work in the South Tyneside area.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
- Applicants must hold a valid UK license and have access to a vehicle.
In return, as an agency we offer:
- Excellent, fair and transparent pay rates from £60 - £80 per day dependant upon qualifications and experience.
- Seminars and training courses such as Team Teach and Moving & Handling (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
- Dedicated team of experienced SEND consultants that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
- Wages paid directly into your bank account every week via PAYE.
- We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract. We won't stand in the way of your career.
For further information, please call Dan Rutledge on 01912291386 or email CV and details to email@example.com