SEND Learning Support Assistant (Primary / SLD)
£61.50 - £65.85
Vision for Education, the supply arm of the TES are actively recruiting for an experienced SEND Learning Support Assistant to work on a full time basis at a school in South Tyneside for Autism and SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties). This role is to begin in September 2018 on a supply basis but as with all of our positions there is always the possibility of the school offering a direct, fixed term contract following an 18 week probationary period.
This specific role is to support in a Primary (KS1) class of students with varying complex emotional, physical and learning needs. You will be required to support both in an educational / classroom format and also in a care and nurturing capacity when assisting with feeding and personal care.
Positivity, pro-activity and creativity are essential attributes whilst being able to maintain a calm, patient, empathetic manner will be required to succeed in this successful team.
- Applicants must have experience supporting young children with complex learning and physical difficulties either in an educational or care setting.
- Applicants must hold or be willing to process a current DBS (Children and Vulnerable Adults) and it be registered on the online update service.
- Applicants must ideally be available 5 days a week (Mon-Fri 8:30–16:30)
- Applicants must be able to work in the South Tyneside area.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
In return, as an agency we offer:
- Excellent, fair and transparent Teacher pay rates from £60 - £65.85 per day.
- Consistent seminars and training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling, Autism Awareness (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
- Free access to over 20 accredited online training courses via EduCare.
- Dedicated team that work with our staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
- Wages paid directly into bank account every week via PAYE.
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve.
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague.
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
- We are an agency that won't charge your school or provision a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
For further information, please call Dan Rutledge (Assistant Branch Manager - SEND) on 01912291386 or email CV and details to firstname.lastname@example.org