Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint an ambitious Full-Time Primary School Teacher to join our successful supply teaching team and to work in a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) school in Cambridge. This full-time position is to begin after Easter 2018 and continue on a permanent basis if you are the right person for the school.
The desired Primary School Teacher will be teaching children with Autism (ASD) across the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), Key Stage One (KS1) and Key Stage Two (KS2). You will be teaching children the National Curriculum and Cornerstones, within small class sizes and receive a high level of staffing support. The successful Primary School Teacher will be expected to work collaboratively with their colleagues and complete planning and marking. Furthermore, you will be expected to contribute to transforming and developing a lifelong love for learning for children with Autism.
The school is a large school for children with a diagnosis of an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASD). The school is rated as ‘Good’ in all aspects and are in the process of working towards ‘Outstanding’ for their next Inspection. They are passionate and committed about providing high-quality CPD opportunities for all members of staff to ensure they make the most out of their role, providing effective teaching and learning opportunities and making the best out of their future career development.
To be considered for the position as Primary School Teacher you must:
- Be a Primary School Teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Ideally, have experience teaching children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including; Autism (ASD/ASC) and Asperger’s Syndrome
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Able to adjust lessons and teaching approaches accordingly to meet the needs of the children you’re supporting
- Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring and engaging lessons
- Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners.
Applications from Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) are welcome for this position as Primary School Teacher, as the school has a very strong and well-developed NQT training and support programme.
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Primary School Teacher, you will receive:
Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
- Support through your placements
- Unparalleled daily rates
- Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Primary School Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
Apply today or for more information on this role and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk