SEND School Support Worker (Secondary) – October Start
Vision for Education are pleased to be recruiting for an SEND School Support Worker for an SEND School in Knowsley. The school are looking to appoint somebody to start after the October half-term to help assist 'out of class' children who have been, or may currently be in, distress. The candidate must be resilient in character, having had experience in any setting working with and alongside children and teenagers with challenging behaviours.
The primary function will not be class based, though if the candidate has school experience, that could be helpful. An ability to relate to students, a thick skin and sense of humour are vital.
The school is an award-winning, Ofsted-rated “Good in all areas", 11-16, SEMH School. The pupils come from all over Knowsley, plus surrounding boroughs.
The school are looking for:
- An enthusiastic and ambitious member of staff
- Resilient in character
- Good understanding of learning and support
- SEND experience
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Energetic and confident personality
- A good sense of humour
The school can offer:
- Small class sizes (6-8 pupils on average)
- Career development and training opportunities
- Support from a Multi-Academy Trust
- Lively and inquisitive pupils
- A new challenge
- Increased work/life balance in comparison to mainstream
- Supportive team atmosphere
The school, and Vision for Education, are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.
In order to apply for this position, you will need to submit your CV immediately for consideration via the Apply button.
Now, A little about us!
Vision for Education is a leading education recruitment agency, who provide temporary and permanent teaching and support staff for primary, secondary and SEND schools across the country.
As part of TES, the Times Educational Supplement, one of the largest educational organisations in the world, we strive to provide the best possible recruitment solutions to our client schools, and deliver the best possible service to our candidate teachers, teaching assistants and support staff.
Vision for Education can offer you:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Dedicated and experienced consultants
- PAYE Payroll
- Guaranteed Pay Scheme
- We offer an uncapped £50 refer a friend bonus scheme
- We offer local and easily accessible schools to you
- Free CPD courses to enhance your professional development
- We are a friendly, open and honest agency, who strongly believe in all our candidates
We have a refreshingly friendly approach to recruitment, and aim to support you in all aspects of the process every step of the way!
For more information on this or any of the roles we have available, then please call 0151 363 2266 and ask for Daniel.
Alternatively, you can email me at email@example.com, or you can apply online.