Vision for Education are actively recruiting for a Social, Emotional and Mental Health Support Worker to work with Primary and Secondary Aged pupils in Bourne and the surrounding areas.
We are working exclusively with schools in Bourne and are looking to recruit SEMH Support Worker to provide a level of learning support to students with additional needs. The ideal applicant will have experience of working with students that have Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Difficulties, as well as other forms of SEND. We are looking for people for short-term or long-term positions in Bourne and the surrounding Peterborough areas, and who have already worked with children and adults with SEND.
This is an exciting supply role for a Support Worker to work with dedicated and committed school teams. The successful candidate will need to have high aspirations for all of the students they are supporting in the classroom.
The successful candidate will also need to have the following attributes:
- Patience and understanding of children with SEND.
- Be supportive of the classroom teacher and deliver strong classroom management skills.
- Be empathetic towards students with behavioural, social and emotional difficulties.
- Be flexible with you teacher styles in order to adapt to each individual.
- Be confident in working in small groups and on 1:1 basis.
- Liaise effectively with parents and colleagues.
- Ideally have an up to date Team Teach qualification, or be willing to complete the relevant training.
You will need to be able to travel to Bourne and the surrounding Peterborough areas, be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. This will involve you holding a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
In return for your hard work, we as an agency will provide:
· Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
· Consistent seminars and training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
- Recommend a Friend Scheme.
- Dedicated team that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
- Wages paid directly into bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company)
We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
If you believe you are a person that fits all of the above, please do not hesitate to contact the Peterborough office on 01733 371371 today! Alternatively, please submit your CV to us.