Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a qualified SEND Teaching Assistant to join our successful supply teaching team and to work in a local special school based in Lincoln. This a temporary role due to start immediately on a supply basis but with the possibility of longer term bookings. This SEND Teaching Assistant role would be ideal for a qualified teaching assistant interested in developing their career.
The desired SEND Teaching Assistant will be supporting SEND pupils with a wide range of statements and ability levels. Previous experience working in a special needs setting is not essential but could be beneficial. This is a special school recently graded as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted for students aged between 11 – 19 who have a range of learning difficulties including moderate, severe learning difficulties, autism spectrum disorders, profound and complex needs and language and communication difficulties. The school has high standards and expects the best provision for the children under its care.
To be considered for the position of SEND Teaching Assistant, you will:
- Hold a minimum of a Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent
- Have knowledge and passion for working with SEND children
- Have the ability to use your own initiative
- Be able to employ effective and dynamic behavioural management strategies
About Vision for Education:
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education can offer:
As the successful SEND Teaching Assistant and a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As Your Earn (PAYE) system
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
- Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks
- £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support
How to apply:
If you are a qualified SEND Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you. Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Lincolnshire branch.
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.