We have a requirement for a Teaching Assistant to work with pupils with SEND from September 2019 or earlier if possible.
If you are committed to inclusive education for all children, and you have experience of working with young people please read on.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of children with a special educational need. The SEND team are a busy and supportive team committed to providing the best quality support for some of the school’s most vulnerable pupils.
In this post you will work with individuals and small groups to provide high quality learning support to pupils with special needs.
You will be expected to:
- Work constructively with the school SENCO and multi-agency professionals
- Work with groups of children both in and out of the classroom
- Run interventions including speech and language or occupational therapy programmes
- Monitor the progress of pupils and keep accurate records, in order to ensure documentation of all interventions.
- Be able to use your initiative, work independently, motivate and inspire with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Work calmly under pressure and have the ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances/situations.
- Apply behaviour management policies and strategies which contribute to a purposeful learning environment.
- Supervise groups of children at playtime and lunchtime.
- Have the ability to relate well to children and adults, understanding their needs and being able to respond accordingly
- Encourage pupils to interact appropriately with others and be socially responsible.
The job description and an application form are attached, but can also be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school by prior arrangement. Please call the school office on 020 7622 3985 or email Sadjida at email@example.com
Closing date: 5pm, Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Interviews: 25th and 26th April 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Lambeth is committed to Safer Recruitment and aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all. www.lambeth.gov.uk.
Individually Strong, Collectively Stronger!
Allen Edwards Primary School
Studley Road, Stockwell, London SW4 6RP
Headteacher: Louise Robertson