Are you looking for a rewarding role in supporting children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)? Maybe you’re looking for flexible work or a long-term role to gain some invaluable experience? If so, then we want to hear from you today!
We are actively recruiting for Teaching Assistants and Support Workers in Bourne to support children and young people with SEND; including Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), Severe Learning Disabilities (SLD), Autism (ASD) and Social, Emotional and Behaviour (SEBD) Difficulties.
Whilst we are looking for people who have had experience of being a Teaching Assistant and/or Support Worker, this is not essential. This is because we are looking for Support Staff who are able to really engage effectively with students, provide a crucial level of support in the classroom and have a calming and nurturing approach when supporting children with complex needs and learning difficulties.
This role can be part-time or full time temporary role, with the strong potential of becoming a long-term/permanent position if you are the right person for the school and pupils.
Applicants must also:
· Have an understanding and ideally experience of working with children, young people and/or adults with SEND and Learning Disabilities.
· Be flexible with your availability and able to travel to Bourne.
· Be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
· Hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist you with your application.
Every day is different as a Teaching Assistant in an SEND School or Provision. You will be expected to promote a positive and safe learning environment and be able to follow school policies, including their behaviour policy when managing behaviour of students. You will need to be flexible, adaptable and able to quickly change your approach when supporting children with Special Educational Needs if required. Additionally, your role will involve having a real presence in the classroom and actively developing children’s Social, Emotional and Physical Development.
In return for your hard work, we as an agency will provide:
· Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
· Consistent training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness and access to over 20+ eLearning Courses through Educare (paid for by Vision) to continue your Continued Professional Development.
· Recommend a Friend Scheme.
· Dedicated team that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
· Wages paid directly into bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company).
· We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
This role will be ideal for anybody looking for a new change in career in a very rewarding field! If you believe you are a person that fits all of the above, please do not hesitate to contact the Peterborough office on 01733 371371 today! Alternatively, please submit your CV to us.