We are looking for a new Special Educational Needs Leader who will take responsibility for the leadership of special needs from Year One to Year 6. Stroud Green Primary is a successful local community primary school.
Key skills & knowledge needs;
• SEN Code of Practice knowledge and experience is essential
• Knowledge of assessment, data tracking and outcomes for children with SEND
• Knowledge of safeguarding in education for children as the role will also be the main school DSL
• Leadership skills to inspire and motivate a team of support staff
Stroud Green Primary School is a happy, creative and inclusive 2-form entry primary school in Stroud Green, near Finsbury Park. The school has gone through a massive transformation in the last two years which include the launching of our flagship Nursery. We have developed a new and exciting creative curriculum across the whole school designed around our children. Working at Stroud Green is all about creativity…. imagination…. inspiration and sharing a love of learning. We are forward thinking local community school with a focus on the development of the whole child. We provide a flexible and exciting curriculum and a safe and thriving school environment.
If you are a highly motivated, qualified and experienced teacher with some existing knowledge of leading special educational needs and know how to support, lead and motivate staff to being outstanding primary practitioners, this job could be for you. It would be desirable for you to have SEN qualification. If you have passion for ensuring children learn and achieve through fun, creativity and most importantly keenly focused on all children reaching their full potential. If you work hard and have the drive and energy to make a difference to children’s learning, then this is the challenge for you!
Why Work at Stroud Green?
• You will work with an enthusiastic and supportive team who champion children's well-being and provide a creative and highly engaging curriculum.
We also offer:
• A senior leadership position within our school
• A strong ethos of high expectations and challenge for all learners and leaders
• A successfully implemented, new and exciting creative curriculum
• Excellent professional development and career enhancement opportunities
• Excellent induction and a support programme for all teachers and leaders new to the school
• Excellent transport links (two minute walk from Finsbury Park bus, tube and main line stations)
If this sounds like the job for you then please contact us to find out more
Visits to the school are expected so that you can meet our children and staff and get a feel for the school. A full recruitment pack can be downloaded from our website www.stroudgreenprimary.com or provided by emailing email@example.com Please contact the school office on 020 7272 4539 to arrange your visit, or if you would like an informal chat with the Head Teacher.
Closing Date: 12 noon Friday 26th April 2019
Interviews: Thursday 2nd May 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by telephone. No agencies please.
Stroud Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.