MPS/UPS + TLR2a (pro-rata)
Part-time (approx 0.5fte)
Would you like to make a difference in a school where you can?
Stratford Girls' Grammar School is an extraordinary place to teach and work in, with high academic standards, a genuine community spirit and huge levels of enthusiasm shown by the girls. Our students are bright, happy and keen to learn, and results are outstanding at all levels. Without doubt, they are a stimulating group of young people to guide, support and work with.
In this very high-achieving and forward-looking school, we are looking for someone with the vision and energy to lead and manage all aspects of our SEND provision from September 2019. You will be leading a core element of our school community, working alongside both the pastoral and leadership teams.
As Coordinator for SEND, the successful candidate will need to:
• Be an inspirational leader and outstanding teacher, who is highly committed to bringing out the best in every student.
• Lead by example through excellent leadership and management
- Have the ability to work collegiately and inspire others to be the best they can be
• Be solution focused and open to ideas and innovation
- Lead and manage the development of the SEND within the curriculum offer
- Have appropriate experience for introducing initiatives and managing colleagues, preferably at departmental level
- Have a genuine interest in how young people learn and in developing strategies for well-being
- Promote the aims, objectives and values of the school and embrace the school’s commitment to safeguarding, equality and diversity at all times.
We can offer you:
• a friendly, caring, supportive and inclusive ethos
- the opportunity to work students who are aspirational, willing and keen to learn
- an excellent professional development programme with a comprehensive induction programme
- highly professional colleagues committed to the provision of high-quality education a great opportunity to make a difference to our young people's lives.
• a commitment to staff well-being
For further details and an application form, see “vacancies” on our website: www.sggs.org.uk or ring Jane Pearson on 01789 293759
Application deadline: Monday 24th June, 2019 at 9.30am
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 26th June, 2019
This school is committed to safeguarding, equality of opportunity, and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An enhanced DBS check will be required.