Do you believe in a relentless approach to ensure all students achieve no matter what their starting point? Do you believe this is done through hard work and razor-sharp analysis and meaningful intervention? If so, then Bishop David Brown School, a Good school (Ofsted February 2018) would like to hear from you.
We seek to appoint a SENDCo committed to inclusion and dedicated to improving the outcomes for all students, especially those with SEND. The SENDCo will co-ordinate and collaboratively work with all school stakeholders to ensure that students with SEND achieve their full potential.
The successful candidate will be on the extended leadership team, taking the strategic lead in all SEND matters. You will line manage and lead a team of dedicated colleagues including a senior assistant with support from an SEND administrator. The SENDCo will need a creative and proactive approach to ensure that students are supported and advised at key transition points, ensuring appropriate progression and progress for all.
You will need to be a team leader and player. You will have the ability to analyse data and information from a variety of source using this, your own knowledge and best practice research to promote quality teaching, learning and support.
We are looking for a person who has:
- A belief in the ability of all students to achieve
- A desire to see continuous school improvement
- A clear vision to be inclusive and seek equality of opportunity and progress for all students, especially those with SEND
- A passion for raising student achievement
- A commitment to work with our feeder schools and potential MAT partners
- A commitment to team work, staff development and a sense of fun
Visits to the school prior to application are welcome.