£28,806 - £36,800 per annum
The post holder will lead a team of staff in the continued improvement of standards of both teaching and learning and pastoral care by supporting the team in their roles and encouraging the implementation of innovative techniques and the robust use of the college’s policies and procedures.
In the case of the absence of the Head of Faculty you will take delegated responsibility of the team within the Animal Management curriculum area.
Your main focus will be the continuing growth and development of the high quality teaching programmes provided by the Curriculum area with, attention on level 1 and 2 curriculum groups, including supporting the continued development of the academic team and/or supporting the group tutors in providing high quality of learner-focused pastoral care to enable our learners to achieve the highest possible outcomes during their time at the College. This may include formal responsibility for the pastoral care of a group of learners.
You will continue to teach on a broad range of Animal Management related courses on the Sparsholt campus but with a reduced teaching load to allow incorporation of these additional duties.
In addition to your curriculum leader responsibilities you will be required to deputise, as appropriate, for the Assistant Principal to meet the demands of the business. The successful candidate will also be an active member of the College Teaching and Learning Observation Team (TALO) under the direction of the Head of Learning and Quality, and assist the Assistant Principal in driving quality improvement across all curriculum areas within scope.
Closing Date: 16 September 2019
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on- site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time staff)
• Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
• Free cash point facility
• Free Library membership
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
• Gym classes on the Sparsholt campus
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider