JFS SCHOOL, THE MALL, KENTON, HARROW, HA3 9TE
Headteacher: Rachel Fink
Roll: 2,000 (incl. 600 in Sixth Form)
Tel: 020 8206 3100
Fax: 020 8206 3103
Senior Finance Administrator
Salary Scale 6: £25,754 - £27,352
(35 hours per week, full time)
We are looking for an experienced Senior Finance Administrator to work as part of our Finance Team.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in working in a finance role (ideally in a school environment), excellent knowledge of financial practices and procedures, paying attention to detail and maintain high levels of accuracy whilst working in a pressurised environment.
If you have a good sense of humour, great communication skills and enjoy being part of a team we would be pleased to hear from you.
Core responsibilities are:
· Ensure that all financial policies, processes and procedures are strictly adhered to and reflect the highest standards as prescribed through the Local Authority Auditors, Department for Education, Education Skills & Funding Authority, Charities Commission, Companies House and the external auditors.
· Responsible for ensuring that the Purchase Ledger is accurately maintained and all process deadlines are met.
· Maintain robust records, investigate and resolve queries, reconcile supplier accounts and complete monthly closure of the Purchase Ledger including payment and other management reports and aged creditors
· Undertake robust checking of BACS before passing on for processing
· Oversee and deliver centralised procurement across the school, in liaison with budget holders, in order to achieve Best Value. Devise and use effective sourcing strategies, negotiating with external vendors to secure advantageous terms and facilitating the ordering and of necessary goods and services.
JFS is a co-educational inclusive, modern, orthodox Jewish school that strives to produce well-educated, faithful and proud Jews who will be responsible and contributing members of society. JFS is a truly wonderful school. This is clear from our stunning annual public examination results which see us consistently placed in the top five schools in the country outside the independent sector.
Our modern campus is on a 26-acre greenfield site with a welcoming inclusive and warm, caring family environment.
For an application pack, please visit our website (www.jfs.brent.sch.uk) or contact the School.
Closing date for applications: Noon, Tuesday 19 June 2018
Interviews will take place Friday 22 June 2018
Please note that CVs alone will not be accepted.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks, including satisfactory Enhanced Level DBS clearance.