Al Khor International School is one of the largest international schools in the Middle East with more than 4,000 students. We are owned by Qatargas, the world’s largest producer of liquefied natural gas company. The school has exceptional facilities and is located in Al Khor, 40 minutes north of Qatar’s capital city Doha.
Reporting to the Head of HR and Admin Support Services, the candidate will be responsible for the provision of HR expertise encompassing all HR disciplines, including recruitment and selection, employee relations, workforce planning, organisational design and change, data analysis, and reporting.
As a core member of the HR team, they will also be responsible for the implementation of HR policies and procedures, audit compliance, implementing best practice, and ensuring KPIs are met.
Analytical with keen attention to detail, the role holder should have extensive generalist experience in managing the recruitment process, administering contractual salary and benefits. The successful applicant will be adept at producing a variety of HR reports and using those reports to inform quality decision-making in the business.
What we are looking for
Chartered member of the CIPD, with previous experience of HR management within further or higher education, in the UK public sector. S/he will work effectively at all levels within the organisation, be self-motivated and work own initiative. The successful candidate will also have a real commitment to delivering excellence in all areas and encouraging others to do the same.
The successful candidate will possess
- A minimum of 6-10 years’ experience with extensive knowledge of the entire employee lifecycle and best practice.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or, Human Resources or, equivalent.
- Resilience and a drive to succeed and make a difference.
- Excellent stakeholder management and consultation skills.
- In-depth working knowledge of Qatar Labour law, desirable.
- Ability to coach and mentor others on policy application and interpretation.
- Experience of managing the recruitment function, managing employee relations case load, and workforce planning to establish industry best practice.
- UK and GCC experience essential.
- The ability to respect and promote individual and cultural differences - the incumbent must be willing and able to work in a multi-cultural environment, open to ideas and values which may differ from those they may be accustomed to.
- The ability to move forward in a rapidly changing environment - the incumbent must be willing and able to adapt to a changing environment while maintaining a positive attitude in support of new ideas.
- A methodical and consistent approach to their priorities and workload.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful school that is building on its excellent results and reputation, and is committed to becoming an outstanding school and centre of excellence in the region.
Compensation and Benefits:
Our excellent compensation package includes:
- We offer a highly competitive tax free salary based on years of experience.
- Access to excellent leisure clubs including restaurants (with home delivery service), swimming pools, gymnasiums, basketball, rugby and football fields, athletics racing track, tennis courts and many other excellent facilities.
- End of service benefits.
- High quality Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Housing allowance or free accommodation.
- Furniture allowance.
- Economy airfare at the beginning and end of the contract.
- Annual economy round-trip air fare paid as a flexible cash allowance to point of origin based on peak summer time fares.
- Reimbursement of local medical expenses.
- Contribution towards excess baggage expenses.
- School will arrange and pay for your work compulsory Qatar residency permit.
- Employees with families receive additional support for their family members including larger housing allowance, higher excess baggage allowance, children schooling, tickets, and help with visa expenses.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Beautiful weather and year round sunshine!
Al Khor International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointments are made subject to appropriate vetting procedures, including references and police checks.
Recruitment Requirements: As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit fully notarized and attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates as well as criminal background checks.
Please note that due to government requirements we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years old.
How to Apply
To apply please submit the following:
vacancy Reference code - 'ESS-Sr. HR Officer'. Please quote reference code in the subject line while applying.
- Completed AKIS application form
- A list of at least three referees - the list should include their names, positions, current email addresses and phone number. One of your referees must be from your present school or employer
The deadline for receipt of applications is 20 September 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.