Senior IT Support Engineer
Salary: Up to £23,117.27 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date: Tuesday 15th October 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Accrington and Rossendale College are currently looking for an enthusiastic, competent and highly motivated Senior IT Support Engineer to join our close knit IT team, on a full time permanent basis. This role will be required to support multiple college sites in Accrington, Nelson and Brierfield.
Working 37 hours a week; the successful candidate will be comfortable troubleshooting complex issues/problems in order to find a resolution and be responsible for the configuration, maintenance, scheduling and documentation of deployment solutions. The Senior IT Support Engineer will also proactively manage areas of the network infrastructure assigned, developing processes and procedures as necessary – in this instance primary responsibility will be the Apple device estate and JAMF.
The main duties include:
• To collaborate, co-operate and liaise with colleagues in the section, across the college, and peers at other colleges, providing accessible and good quality customer service at all times.
• To participate in backup and restore policies that are in line with IT Policies, SLAs and the Disaster Recovery Plan.
• Participating in the planning, organising, implementing and monitoring of projects in order to achieve deadlines and minimise disruption.
• To maintain, troubleshoot, document and advise upon the data and voice networking infrastructure, ensuring appropriate levels of performance.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 4 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C or above
• Degree or equivalent level technical qualification (desirable)
• Significant experience of dealing with complex IT issues/projects.
• Microsoft Server 2012 knowledge
• Apple technologies IOS/iMac including deployment using JAMF
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.