Senior Occupational Therapist
Kirklington (Newark / Mansfield) - NG22 8NB
40 hours per week
We are looking to recruit an experienced Occupational Therapist to join our dynamic team at Wings School Notts, to provide a high quality therapy service to our young people. The successful candidate will join a highly skilled, dedicated and fully integrated multi-disciplinary team undertaking occupational therapy sessions, groups, treatment planning, training sessions and evaluation for a designated caseload.
Candidates will have excellent group facilitation skills in addition to providing individual interventions during school and care time. Dip COT, BSc or MSc in Occupational Therapy together with HCPC and BAOT registration is required together with previous experience of working with a similar client group. You will be required to work creatively and manage your own caseload to help our children develop their independent skills, life skills and to support them to reach their full potential in school, home and in the community. A major part of this role will be supporting our children with their transition into the community and you will work alongside other professionals to drive this forward and make this a successful outcome.
Main Roles and Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
- To be responsible for managing an integrated Occupational Therapy service across the school and residential care homes. To provide a high quality standard of occupational therapy assessment, management, treatment and advice for a caseload of children aged 9 to 17 with a wide range of emotional, social and mental health difficulties.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate therapy treatment programmes as agreed in the child’s psychological formulation and EHCP.
- To be a source of clinical expertise and provide advice on occupational therapy for other professionals, external agencies and carers/families.
- To work collaboratively as part of the multidisciplinary team and multi-agency teams involved with children and their families. To contribute to team meetings, consultations, joint assessments, reviews and staff training.
- To develop an understanding and knowledge about the therapeutic approach we deliver at Wings school Notts and promote this throughout the school and care homes.
- To be competent in using a variety of assessment and treatment approaches with children who present with a range of complex difficulties, including complex trauma.
- To work as an autonomous practitioner complying with the standards set by the Health & Care Professions Council, College of Occupational Therapy, Kedleston group and Wings school Notts.
- To prioritise caseload according to the identified need in psychological formulation, assessment and referrals.
- To provide written reports on children’s progress when required, including summary reports.
- To develop the role of occupational therapy service in Wings school Notts.
- Contribute to risk assessment when appropriate.
Wings School Notts is part of the Kedleston Group Ltd, which is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support.
Kedleston Group Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.