Are you passionate about helping young people fulfil their potential in Science? Do you want to work in a supportive and rewarding environment? Deanery C.E. High School & 6th Form College requires a Senior Science Technician to join our Science team.
Required from Summer Term 2018 (16th April): We are looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Science Technician to work in our modern and friendly Science department. The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Head of Science, to support the delivery of high quality teaching and learning and provide technical assistance. You will lead 2 technicians in managing classroom resources, utilising an array of technical equipment and prepared materials. Previous experience in a laboratory environment is essential, as is a qualification in Science.
What are we looking for in you? The Senior Science Technician would be expected to organise, deliver and develop technical services to the Science Faculty in order to support the teaching of a range of science subjects. In addition the postholder will supervise other Science Technicians, giving advice, setting standards and ensuring that these are maintained.
Our ideal candidate will:
• have the highest of expectations and aspirations for themselves and others
• lead, motivate and inspire others within a culture of respect, dignity and celebration
• be an innovative, creative and strategic thinker
• have excellent management skills
• have up-to-date knowledge of scientific equipment and materials, including the safe storage and disposal of used chemicals
• have a working knowledge of Health and Safety, COSHH and other relevant legislation
Responsibilities will include:
• Direct supervision and management of 2 Science technicians, giving advice and setting standards.
• Preparation and set up of teaching aids, equipment and materials ready for use.
• Safe storage and disposal of all equipment and materials, as well as ensuring that hygiene and health and safety standards are maintained.
In return we can offer:
• A vibrant, hardworking and committed staff
• Well motivated pupils and supportive parents
• A distinctive Christian ethos
• A brand new school building completed September 2017
Applications are invited from candidates able to uphold the Christian ethos of the school. The post is covered by the Protection of Children Act and is therefore subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Completed applications should be returned to: Mrs Tracy Wogan, HR & Admin Manager T: 01942 597501 E: email@example.com.
Closing date: 23rd February 2018
o The progress made by the majority of pupils currently in the school is improving strongly and rapidly. Their progress is now good.
o Teaching is good. Teachers are knowledgeable about their subjects and most provide suitable stretch and challenge for pupils.
o Pupils have positive attitudes to learning. They take pride in their work and behave well in lessons and at social times. Ofsted 2016