This is a key role within the School with overall responsibility for MIS (both in terms of tracking and interpretation).
The two core functions are:
- to ensure that SIMS is used effectively to support and monitor progress throughout the School; and
- to guarantee the ac-curacy of operational MIS processes (such as attendance).
The candidate will ideally:
- Have at least 2 years experience working in a similar role, preferably in a UK school;
- Be highly organised with outstanding IT skills and the proven ability to analyse complex data;
- Have a profound un-derstanding of pupil performance measurement (from Key Stage 1 Key Stage 5) and School MIS systems and communication tools;
- Be capable of designing and developing user friendly reports which quickly identify issues for senior management and effectively support the continuous raising of standards across all age groups;
- Present MIS data for a variety of parties (including the Principal, COBIS, ISI and the Schools governors) tailored to their unique requirements, including external benchmarks where appropriate;
- Advise and assist in School target setting;
- Allocate and maintain student timetables and grouping records, in accordance with the school timetable and under the instruction of the appropriate Senior Leadership Team (SLT) representative.
A job description will be forwarded to all interested candidates.
How to Apply
Closing date for applications 16/02/2018
Interview date From week beginning 19/02/2018
Start date March 1st or as soon as possible
Job reference number SIMDAT0218
Short listing will commence immediately after the closing date.
Please complete and the application form available at http://www.stgeorge.school.it/Employment, continuing on a separate sheet if necessary, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, inserting the job reference SIMDAT0218 in the title of the email.
Our preference is for you to complete and submit the application form electronically. If this is not possible, then please use black ink for handwritten applications. Please do not submit a CV or send certificates or testimonials at this stage.
Please note that, as well as a face-to-face or Skype interview, the selection process may include another form of assessment (e.g. administrative test, demonstration of practical skill, a presentation etc.) if relevant.
Shortlisted candidates will have references taken up prior to interview.
Conditional Offer of Appointment
Any offer to a successful candidate will be conditional upon the following:
- verification of identity, qualifications and professional status;
- a safeguarding check;
- receipt of at least two satisfactory references (one of which should be from your current or most recent employer);
- verification of medical fitness (completion of a medical declaration).
The successful candidate will receive a salary and benefits that are highly competitive in the international sector and consistent with the status that St Georges holds as an HMC school.
The posts conditions of service will follow those of an administrative member of staff.