· Closing Date: 10/12/2018 (5 pm)
· Interview Date(s): From 11/12/2018
· Contract/Hours: Permanent, 37 hours a week, 52 weeks a year
· Salary Type: Support Staff
· Salary Details: Grade 6 Point 18 to Point 21 £18,870 to £20,541
Hours of Work: TBC suggest 8.30 am to 4 pm
Start Date: As soon as possible/January 2019
· Location of Role: School
· Contact e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you looking to join an inspirational and motivated team? We have a fantastic opportunity for a Site Manager to join our school on a permanent contract. This role would suit a practical person who has experience of working within a premises/site related role, has knowledge of health and safety procedures and record keeping and is confident in dealing with contractors.
You would thrive at Edith Moorhouse if you are you a person who:
- Is passionate about safety, security and site management;
- Has good decision making skills a pro-active attitude and can ‘think on their feet’;
- Conducts themselves with a positive and professional manner at all times
- Has sound IT skills and is happy to use IT packages to support their working practices;
- Relishes in opportunities to develop your own practice through CPD;
- Enjoys working as part of a team;
- Recognises the importance of great relationships with contractors, colleagues, pupils and parents.
Duties will include:
- Take responsibility for the efficient operation and day to day management of the school site including site security, on-going maintenance, cleaning, health and safety procedures and paper/online record keeping, site inspections and contractor visits.
- Act as first point of contact for all contractor bookings and visits from regular scheduled visits to ad-hoc emergency bookings.
- Liaise regularly with the school business manager to ensure that larger scale issues are efficiently managed and dealt with.
- Support the school business manager with the management of other site staff including cleaners.
- Site Security: Lock/unlock school building areas for pupils and staff at the beginning and end of every school day.
- Promote positive values, attitudes and good behaviour from pupils and parents/carers around the school site.
- If appropriate, deal promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and/or report any concerns or incidents to the appropriate person.
- Comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, safeguarding, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Liaise sensitively and effectively with colleagues, pupils and parents/carers as agreed with the School Business Manager.
- Attend and participate in regular meetings if required.
- Participate in training and other learning activities as required.
- To undertake other duties, appropriate to the grade, as may reasonably be required by the Head teacher.
Please note that we will interview immediately for an exceptional candidate.
The River Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. The River Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a range of backgrounds to represent diversity in line with our schools' community.
The River Learning Trust (RLT) is a multi-academy trust responsible for a number of schools and a school centred initial teacher training provider within Oxfordshire. The schools and SCITT are united by their commitment to the principles of the trust and a common belief in the benefits of everything that is gained by working together.
• Commitment to Excellence; striving for the best educational experience
• Everyone Learning; creating and taking opportunities that enhance lives
• Respectful Relationships; acting with care, integrity, and fairness in all we do
Visits to the school are warmly welcome and actively encouraged. Please call 01993 842372 to arrange a visit and for any further information.
Further details about the role and how to apply are available via https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/edith-moorhouse-primary-school-1030536
We look forward to receiving your application.
For further information about the school please visit our website on http://www.edith-moorhouse.oxon.sch.uk/