37 hours per week / 52 weeks per year
Monday to Thursday - 7am to 10.30am / 2.00pm to 6.00pm Friday – 7am to 10.30am / 2.30pm to 6.00pm
Start Date – As soon as possible
“Burnt Oak Primary School believes that their school can make a difference to the pupils within it.”
Could you be part of the team that makes that difference?
Burnt Oak Primary School is a vibrant and welcoming school situated in lower Gillingham. We are a two-form entry school with a Nursery. The school is well resourced and has excellent ICT facilities. We have motivated and happy pupils who are eager to learn. Through the dedication of the staff team, Burnt Oak Primary School succeeds in providing a learning environment where everyone, pupils and staff, are helped to succeed. It is this dedication which led to the school achieving both the Inclusion Quality Mark and Centre of Excellence status in both 2017 and 2018.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, reliable and committed individual to fill the post of Site Manager at Burnt Oak Primary School. This post has become available at an exciting time for the school where the Site Manager will be overseeing the installation of a new Mini Pitch!
Any candidate will need good practical skills and site management experience – an understanding of health and safety, security and how to plan maintenance programmes. You will also need to have high standards and a sense of humour!
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, positive, well organised, flexible, an excellent communicator and possess the ability to work in close partnership with staff from across the school and wider community as directed. You must be a friendly and willing individual with the ability to remain calm and cheerful under pressure.
You will also have a ‘can do’ attitude and have developed a good range of skills in general maintenance. You should also be able to work both within a team and under your own initiative. This will be a busy and demanding position.
The person appointed will be able to communicate at all levels, with students, staff, parents and the local community as necessary. This is a 52 week contract so will include working during school holidays and may be subject to variation, call out in the evenings and at weekends and unsocial hours on occasion.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of site management including a wide range of duties and responsibilities connected with the buildings and grounds of the school.
These responsibilities will include:
• Health & Safety and the maintenance of records
• Security including key holding
• Maintenance, improvement and development of the school building and site
• Arrangement and supervision of all maintenance contracts
What we can offer:
• A competitive salary
• Generous pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Generous maternity and paternity leave and pay entitlement
• Generous adoption leave and pay entitlement
• Assisted car purchase scheme for support staff
• Employee assistance programme
• Access to the money advice service
• Salary sacrifice for childcare vouchers/cycle scheme
• Discounts and concessions through national and local retailers including travel, shopping, leisure, health and wellbeing, motoring and eye care voucher scheme
• Discounted local bus season ticket
• Medway Council offers
• Training opportunities through our CPD programme
For further details or to arrange an informal visit please contact the school office on 01634 334344.
Applications will only be accepted on our Medway Council Application form.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children, therefore any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure. Closing Date: 4pm Sunday 20th January 2019 Interview: Thursday 24th January 2019