We are a mixed, 11-19 Academy and sixth form college serving the Heysham, Morecambe and Lancaster areas. We encourage our pupils to believe that with hard work, anything is possible, and we expect the highest standards of behaviour and academic effort – and the utmost dedication from our teaching and support staff – to ensure we deliver on our mission of educational excellence, character development and service to communities
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Site Supervisor to join our team.
The Site Supervisor will provide an effective caretaking service. This is a great opportunity for an exceptional individual to join a highly successful and rapidly expanding Trust. There will be scope to have significant impact and develop your career with the organisation.
You will have:
· An understanding of the main Health and Safety Regulations, including COSHH and risk assessment, and how they apply in a school environment.
· Experience of carrying out specialist building maintenance work, within the reasonable capacity of a normal handyperson.
· Ability to undertake a range of caretaking and cleaning duties.
· Ability to provide high quality supervision, training and support to cleaning staff.
You will find an organisation that:
· is passionate about its vision of ‘Nurturing Today’s Young People, Inspiring Tomorrow’s Leaders’
· has a supportive ethos and concern for the well-being of all members of our community
· has high ambitions for all and provides excellent opportunities for professional development
· is well-ordered with high standards of commitment
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. If you would like an informal and confidential discussion regarding the role, please contact John Shannon on 01524 41683 or John.Shannon@bay.staracademies.org.
Applicants must complete the Trust’s application form on eTeach. CVs will not be accepted for this post.
Closing date: 19th October 12pm
Interviews: Monday 29th October
Star Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to satisfactory clearances including; references, Enhanced DBS disclosure, health clearance and proof of eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.