Contract type: Term-time only (38 weeks p/a), with some paid holidays, 35 hours per week, the working hours are 08:45-16:15, Monday to Friday, with 30 mins for lunch.
The salary is Grade 4, point 17-21 (£17,772-£20,138 FTE), which equates to a pro rata starting salary of £14,827.
This is a great opportunity to come and work in our highly rated secondary school in central Manchester. Our school was inspected by Ofsted in January 2014 and was judged to be ‘Outstanding’ in every category and ‘Outstanding’ for overall effectiveness.
Situated on Higher Cambridge Street, opposite Manchester University, and flanked by Manchester Metropolitan University and the Science Park, Trinity CE High School has used its central location to forge effective partnerships and to ensure that all students aim high.
We are now looking to appoint a highly motivated Academic Tutor to support the vital work of our Sixth Form in maximising the achievement of individuals and groups. The role is at the heart of our student support work and is a non-teaching post. You will need to be able to work closely with students, families, staff and external agencies to ensure effective solutions to issues surrounding attainment, learning, work ethic and behaviour.
The successful applicant will:
- Have experience and an understanding of safeguarding and child protection issues, or be willing to undertake training in these areas;
- Have experience of working with young people;
- Have numeracy and literacy skills of at least equivalent to NQF Level 2; good ICT skills are also desirable;
- Be an effective communicator who is professional, tactful and diplomatic in all inter-personal relationships with students and adults;
- Be committed to raising achievement;
- Ideally have experience of working in an educational setting and have effective behaviour management skills;
- Be professional, flexible and innovative with experience of undertaking a wide variety of duties and an ability to deal skilfully with unanticipated situations;
- Have the ability to work well within a team, yet able to demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised using their own initiative;
- Be well organised with an adaptable and positive approach to all aspects of their work.
This role is a non-teaching post - experience of working in a school environment is desirable but not essential. Training will be provided on school specific IT applications, such as SIMS, etc.
The closing date for applications is 09:00 on Monday 04 September.
CVs will not be considered. For further details and to download an application pack, please use TES links or visit www.trinityhigh.com
Trinity CE High School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The school operates a Safer Recruitment policy. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.