Sixth Form Administrator
Required from 1 July 2021.
22.5 hours per week. Term time +2 Weeks (40 weeks, to include INSET days, A-level/GCSE results days)
From £21,529 FTE (£11,449 actual)
We are looking to appoint an Administrator to assist the Sixth Form Management Team. The successful applicant will be required to provide confidential, high-level administrative support to the Sixth Form Management Team.
The ideal candidate will:
• display excellent organisation, time management and planning skills
• be confident in dealing and working with Sixth Form Students
• have strong administration skills with good attention to detail
• have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• have a high level of competency in the use of various Microsoft applications, including Excel and Word
• be able to work as part of a team
• be flexible and adaptable in order to meet the demands of working in a fast paced team environment and to meet ever-changing needs and priorities
• be able to provide a responsive and professional first point of telephone and email contact for all Sixth form queries including our First Day Response
A working knowledge of our Management Information System, SIMs, would be desirable. However, training is available.
We were graded Outstanding in every category by Ofsted in March 2017.
Educating approximately 1200 students, The Bishop’s Stortford High School provides a single-sex education for boys in Years 7 to 11 and has a large, thriving co-educational sixth form, with over one hundred girls on roll. In 2019, 89% of our GCSE students achieved grade 4+ in both English and Maths, contributing to a Progress 8 score of +0.16, compared to a national average for boys of -0.28. At A-Level we had a 55% A* - B pass rate in 2019 and 66% in 2020. We have a strong ethos, based on high expectations and standards for all, a committed and supportive staff who deliver high quality, engaging lessons and well-behaved students with excellent attitudes to learning.
We are due to re-locate to a brand new ‘state of the art’ school on a new site less than half a mile from our current location, in January 2023. This exciting project will provide us with a fantastic new learning environment, supported by cutting edge technology, and huge opportunities for the future.
The school places a strong emphasis on staff development and the appointed candidate can expect to gain significant enjoyment and professional fulfilment from working here.
An application form and further details are immediately available from the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs D Landers, at the school or downloadable from the website www.tbshs.org Please also include a cover letter.
TBSHS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of all our children and expects staff to share this commitment. A Disclosure Barring Service check is required for all successful applicants.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 19 May 2021
Interviews: W/c 24 May 2021
The Bishop's Stortford High School
- Mainstream school with state - foundation funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years