La Retraite is a highly successful, diverse and over‐subscribed girls' 11‐19 Roman Catholic VA comprehensive school with a strong reputation for all‐round excellence. We achieved a second ‘Outstanding’ OFSTED judgement in all categories in 2013. The school is in the Trusteeship of the Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark and is located in Lambeth.
The governors invite applications from individuals with experience of working with young people. Experience of working in a similar role would be an advantage.
The key aspects of the role are:
- To support a positive Catholic ethos, which recognises the dignity of the individual and is reflected in the day to day life of the school
- To contribute to raising standards of student achievement
- To support the Sixth Form Leadership team in monitoring the students in a year group and their academic performance, attendance and punctuality, behaviour for learning
- To support the Sixth Form team in intervening when students are not meeting expectations
- To manage one of the Sixth Form study centres and support students with their studying
- To support the Heads of Year or Director of 6th Form in carrying out general administrative and clerical duties as and when required
- On Monday and Friday when the 6th Form Learning Mentor and Safeguarding Officer is absent, to act as the Safeguarding Lead for the Sixth Form.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a suitable person with vision and energy to work with minimum supervision, to safeguard our students and support our outstanding record of student attainment.
We offer all staff access to a Private Healthcare scheme and an Employee Assistance Programme. We are in a good location 10 minutes’ walk from both Balham and Clapham South tube stations and near a number of key bus routes.
Should you wish to apply for the post, please go onto our website www.laretraite.lambeth.sch.uk and apply online.
If you should have any queries please email Ms Clarke, HR Manager, at email@example.com.
Visits are encouraged and can be arranged by emailing Ms Clarke or telephoning her on 020 8673 5644 extension 159.
Closing date is 12 noon on Monday 24th September 2018
Interviews are expected to be held by the beginning of October 2018
The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check. La Retraite RC School is committed to safer recruitment and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Faith - Values - Excellence
La Retraite Roman Catholic Girls’ School
Atkins Road, Clapham Park, London SW12 0AB.
Tel: 020 8673 5644. Fax: 020 8675 8577.
Headteacher: Mr Dominic Malins