Sixth Form Student Support Officer - 26 hours per week, term time only, 1 year contract
Scale LBR3/4 Point 14-21 – pro rata of £20,007 - £22,424 fte per annum
(£12,354 - £13,847)
Required from September 2018
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to manage the independent learning centre. The successful candidate must be able to work well with young adults and as part of our dynamic sixth form team.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to use ICT in all aspects of your work.
- Ability to use SIMS.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Excellent administration skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of groups.
We can offer:
- A welcoming and supportive staff
- Training, development and career development
- Local Government Pension scheme
- Occupational sick pay
- Medical & well-being support from the School’s Advisory Service
The personal specification shows the abilities and skills you will need to carry out the duties in the job description. You should mention any experience you have had which shows how you could meet these requirements when you fill in your application form.
Oaks Park High School is a very popular and oversubscribed mixed comprehensive school which is expanding the number on roll to meet community demand. The school prides itself on being an ambitious and supportive multicultural community that keeps our child-centred philosophy at the heart of everything that we do. Oaks Park is highly regarded for its exceptional pupil behaviour and purposeful learning environment.
Oaks Park High School is committed to the very highest standards of student care and achievement and seek outstanding staff who wish to be part of our success. We have a strong vision of success and achievement supported by an excellent continuing professional development programme for all staff.
The school is centrally located in the London Borough of Redbridge, with very good transport links to central and outer London, with Newbury Park station only a four minute walk away.
Oaks Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).