English and Humanities Teacher/ School Liaison sought for Ski Academy
Outline of Employment Position
Employer: Marc Telling, Haus Tirol, Dorf 91, 5771 Leogang
Workplace: Leogang, Austria. Potential race trips through Alps
Subjects: English and Humanities
Employment Begins: 12th November
Employment Ends: End March 2019. Exact dates TBC.
Working Period: Various weeks within seasonal / program period.
Working Hours: Varied. Standard working day of 3-4 hours per afternoon teaching, 5 days per week.
Holiday: Accrued at 2.33 days per month of service.
Vehicles: Ambition vehicle for work purposes only (as per vehicle policy).
The Ambition Teacher position is a vital role within the Ambition Ski Team. Athletes as young as 8 years old join the academy for various weeks throughout the autumn and winter where our job will be to coach them each morning & for them to study each afternoon. You will be teaching all English and Humanities courses up to A'Level. Throughout September, the Ambition Teacher is expected to communicate with the UK schools to create work planners for each athlete, before implementing that work throughout the season, through teaching English and Humanities lessons & private study whilst communicating back to UK schools and parents. Ambition teachers will be expected to make use of their surroundings to engage the student athletes in the local language and cultures also.
- Organizing work planners for each athlete prior to arrival.
- Liaising with ALL athlete parents on educational needs.
- Liaising with ALL athlete schools on educational needs.
- Communicating with head coach and program director on any disciplinary issues.
- Organize school snacks with Haus Tirol (Ambition base) Chef.
- Airport runs to collect or drop off athletes at start or end of training camps.
- Transporting athletes to & from school where required.
- Attending race trips to support athletes whilst away from Ambition base.
- Ensuring athletes are well organized for each school day.
- Potential private study / tutoring 1:1 for athletes needing extra support / study outside of normal academic program hours for English and Humanities courses.
Misc / House specific duties:
- Working as support staff for Ambition organized race events - including helping with set up, commentary, transport etc.
- Laying out and / or clearing away of breakfasts together with Ambition Houseparent.
- Enforcing house ‘rules’ including bed times, wake up times and educating athletes in how to be self-sufficient at the right ages (duty of all staff within Ambition Base).
- Being present during ‘down time’ after meals and free time for athletes to be able to talk about educational needs or extra support required.
- Implement challenges, prizes or incentives for good behavior in school.
- Help to organizing team activities during athletes’ days off.
- Helping to clear daily snow fall at Haus Tirol (All Staff).
- Support other staff generally at both Haus Tirol & Ambition – especially during emergency times. This could include but is not limited to (and is the same for all staff) – emptying bins, passing plates through after dinner, setting tables, wiping tables.
- Communicate with parents about any medical, social or psychological considerations within school.
- Review and learn medical forms prior to camps for each athlete in case of emergency in school.
- £20 / hour teaching.
- Season ski pass on agreement of house duties being fulfilled.
- Shared Apartment accommodation (meals including during Ambition program dates only) on agreement of house duties being fulfilled.
- Mileage on behalf of the business is to be reimbursed at 0.25€ / mile, minus any fuel bills already paid by the company.
For further information please contact Laura Ooms on (+44) 20 3194 3030 or Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply via the blue 'apply now' button below.