Location: Meldreth, Cambridgeshire/Hertfordshire border
Salary: £19,947.20 - £21,216.00 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week, 52 weeks. Monday to Friday.
The Aurora Group is an innovative provider of education and care for children and young adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
Due to our continued expansion; we’re currently looking for a Skills Centre Co-ordinator in Meldreth (near Royston) where our Orchard Manor Adult Skills Centre provides education, care and therapeutic support for adults (aged 19-30) with severe and profound learning and communication difficulties associated with conditions like cerebral palsy, autism, brain injury and degenerative disorders.
The role has responsibilities that focus on three areas:
- To provide individualised, purposeful support to young people, enabling them to lead their lives as independently as possible.
- Through own practice, coaching and mentoring ensure that high quality, structured, real and meaningful day time activities are delivered that enable the young person to achieve aims, objectives and aspirations.
- Support the positive management and development of a team through effective communication, mentoring and coaching while working directly with the young people.
- Act as a role model and support the development and improvement of individuals and team practice.
- Support training and development of the team, particularly development towards QCF and other mandatory training.
- Work collaboratively and positively with colleagues, young people, their families and other stakeholders.
- Promote and secure an excellent reputation for Aurora within the local area.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures and ensure that these are understood and followed by team members
- Work in a safe, responsible and consistent way.
- Support the process of reviewing and managing the team’s performance via feedback to the Head of Adult Skills and by supporting performance and quality of care during the day.
- Experience of leading and being part of a team and communicating effectively to deliver high quality, cost effective service that meets the needs of individuals
- Experience working within support/care/learning roles with young people who have PMLD and complex health needs
- Experience of a range of approaches to managing and de-escalating challenging behaviours.
- Experience of using a range of communication methods to support effective communication with people who have PMLD and complex needs
- Level 3 Diploma or equivalent for Adults as appropriate to role.
If you are interested in this position please apply on-line, or for more information, please call Aurora Meldreth Manor HR Team on 01763 268000 or email: MMOMRecruitment@the-aurora-group.com
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer