1. Educated to a Bachelor’s Degree level in Education or related field.
2. Fluent in Arabic with excellent verbal skills.Can speak English as well.
3. Previous experience as a social worker in international schools for not less than 3 years.
3. Previous experience organizing school activities and extra-curricular activities and forming and supervising school clubs.
Reporting to: School Principal
Tasks and Duties:
▪ Provide suitable academic challenges that will allow each pupil to reach his or her potential
. ▪ Self-evaluate and review teaching methods, materials and schemes of work and make changes as appropriate.
▪ Commit to in-service training (INSET) and continuing professional development (CPD).
▪ Maintain records and write reports on pupils’ progress and development
▪ Discuss progress with pupils, parents and colleagues.
▪ Attend year meetings, staff meetings, parents’ evenings and whole school events.
▪ To make an active contribution to the school’s Enrichment program and Inter House events’ program.
▪ Provide opportunities to foster the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all pupils. ▪ To undertake supervisory duties in line with published rotas.
This list is not exhaustive. All teachers are expected to fulfill any reasonable request made by the School Principal.
We are looking to appoint a person who in interview and by virtue of their qualifications and experience best demonstrates that he/she is suitably qualified for the responsibilities of the post.
▪ Has the ability to fulfill the responsibilities of the post with energy, enthusiasm and excellence.
▪ Has strong interpersonal and communication skills.
▪ Has good listening skills and respect for all pupils.
▪ Has the ability to explain things clearly in an appropriate manner to the relevant age group.
▪ Has the ability to form relationships and to motivate school pupils.
▪ Has the ability to generate enthusiasm for the work of the year group to which your form belongs.
▪ Is willing to be actively involved in the Enrichment program and the Inter House events program.
▪ Has a commitment to personal and professional development.
▪ Can adapt to living in a demanding environment.
▪ Has a sense of humor.
▪ Can thrive in what can sometimes be a challenging environment.
▪ Is prepared to go the extra mile at time when it is needed.
Annual Leave: Thirty (30) Calendar days as per School Policy
Health Insurance: Private medical coverage to be provided after probation period
Contract Duration: One (1) year
Contract Type: Permanent
Probation Period: Three (3) months subject for extension up to six (6) months
Working hours: Eight (8) hours daily - Sunday to Thursday
Weekend: Friday & Saturday
Joining Date: January 2019-Academic Year 2018-2019