Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Sociology Subject Lead Teacher to join an over-subscribed popular Secondary School in Hackney, East London. The Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school require a Sociology Teacher who will teach and lead Sociology throughout the school to KS5. The school boasts a contemporary new building and a strong reputation for academic results, which are currently above average. The school based close to local amenities with excellent transport links to enable easy access from central London. This full time, permanent Sociology Lead Teacher position is due to start in January 2020
About the Role
• Sociology Lead Teacher
• To Teach & Lead Sociology to KS5
• Full time permanent contract to commence January 2020
• £29,664 – £48,244
About the School
• A strong collaborative community school
• Rich curriculum encourages pupils to become independent learners
• Join a team of highly motivated teachers
• Striving for academic excellence with a challenging and inspiring curriculum
• Easily accessible with great transport links in East London
In order to be considered for this role, the Sociology Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree in Science
• Good first degree in Humanities / Social Policy Discipline
• Proven experience of teaching Sociology to Key Stages 5 in the UK
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RCR1709STH.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.
#STPrime, #STSec or #Ta