About the role:
The Academy are delighted to advertise the post of Teacher of Spanish to complement our existing department this academic year. This is an exciting time to join an Academy under new leadership and we would welcome any applicant to visit the Academy before applying.
We are therefore seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Teacher of Spanish to teach across Key Stages 3, 4 and potentially Key Stage 5. You would be joining a department with excellent attainment and progress at GCSE- in Summer 2018 87.5% of students achieved 5+ in Spanish. This is a popular subject within the school and uptake at GCSE is very strong.
We will only consider candidates who can evidence a strong track record of success and who have made a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach. This will need to be demonstrated in your application and be clearly evident at interview.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Access to an outstanding professional development programme including in-house MA.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
In return, we are looking for:
- An experienced teacher, displaying at a minimum of ‘Good’ standard teaching.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who has an expert knowledge of the Spanish language and high expectations of students.
- Someone who is willing to take part in extra-curricular activities.
If you possess these qualities and share the Academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Applications are welcome from both experienced Teachers and NQT’s.
About the School:
- An 11-18, United Learning academy.
- 883 students inclusive of VI form.
Our whole-school ethos of ‘the best in everyone’ underpins our core values of ambition, confidence, creativity, respect, enthusiasm and determination. Our aim is to send every student out into the world instilled with these values, as well as the right knowledge, skills and qualifications, so that they are ready to play their part in it.
Please apply online by clicking on the following link https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1476530?cid=1567&rsid=0&js=0&LinkType=1&FromSearch=False
Where teaching is better shared
Closing Date: Tuesday 15 January 2019 at 9am
Interviews: To take place later the same week
John Smeaton Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.