A temporary role has arisen in our Middle School due to a colleague going on maternity leave. We would like someone to join us as soon as possible.
We seek a vibrant, well-qualified, and committed teacher of Spanish language and literature to deliver lessons from Grades 6 – 10 (Years 7 – 11). The lessons will form part of the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme. Previous experience of IB programmes will be an advantage, but of prime importance is a love of the subject and the energy and knowledge to foster this same passion in students. The ability to teach French albeit at a lower level, may also be an advantage.
The teacher reports to the Head of Faculty and will be responsible for preparing, monitoring, evaluating all students and implementing departmental and school policies. They will be expected to follow MYP curriculum developments as required by the Head of Faculty.
The successful applicant will have:
· Qualified Teacher Status(or equivalent)
· Relevant teaching experience
· Proven record of excellent teaching
· Excellent subject knowledge
The successful applicant will
· Join a highly experienced and supportive team
· Be responsible to the Languages’ Head of Faculty
· Work in collaboration with colleagues and attend both training and planning sessions
· Foster good links with parents and attend parent-student-teacher meetings and conferences
The successful candidate will be expected to:
· Meet all school deadlines re. reports, grades, etc
· Liaise with teacher(s) of the same language phase; ensuring assessments are aligned, carried out at the same time, and will follow the school’s reporting and assessment policy
· Contribute to the extracurricular activities of the school
· Be internationally-minded and sympathetic to the values of the IB
· Follow schemes of work and contribute to updates
· Help write Unit Planers for next academic year
· Help in writing internal assessments
· Participate in assessment moderation meetings
· Share ideas/ materials/ good practice with others in department
· Ensure lessons are thoroughly prepared and there is scope for differentiation
· Keep the Head of Faculty informed of progress of students and raise any issues or concerns early
To apply for this role please complete the application form and return to email@example.com Please note we do not accept CV’s for this role. When returning your completed application form please ensure that your application form is saved as Surname, First Name - Spanish Teacher.
Further details regarding the role can be found in the candidate brief.
Closing date for applications 22 March 2019.
Southbank International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any countries a candidate has lived or worked overseas for three months or more in the past ten years or completed their teacher training outside of the UK.