Paradigm Trust is seeking to recruit a full time Special Education Needs Coordinator to work across two of our Ipswich Academies – Ipswich Academy and Piper’s Vale Primary Academy. The post is permanent, starting on 1st April 2019 or sooner if possible.
You will be responsible for the management of all additional support given to students with Special Educational Needs and /or Disabilities within the academy, including the SEND teaching assistants. This will be a demanding, varied and highly challenging role that will provide an excellent career opportunity for an exceptional individual. The successful applicant will report directly to the assistant principal for inclusion at Ipswich Academy and the principal at Piper’s Vale Primary Academy.
Successful applicants will:
· be a qualified teacher with a passion for ensuring excellent provision for students with SEND;
· have the ability to understand issues affecting students with additional needs;
· have excellent organisational skills;
· have excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
· have or be willing to undertake the mandatory SENCO qualification course.
In return we offer you:
· a strong, supportive professional environment;
· guidance from talented leaders, benefitting from the knowledge and experience we have developed across the Trust;
· career development opportunities throughout the Trust;
· as a trust we are outcomes-driven and welcome discussion of flexible working options.
All applicants must have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and if successful will be required to comply with the Trust’s safeguarding policies and procedures.