Smart Teachers is recruiting for Special Education Needs Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs to join an “Outstanding” special school based in Tower Hamlets on a long-term basis. The Special Education Needs Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs will be required full time to start ASAP. The special school provides education for students aged between 14 and 19 years and covers a range of needs including ASD, social emotional and behaviour difficulties (SEBD) and social emotional and mental health (SEMH). The school also accommodates for students who cannot thrive in a mainstream environment by providing alternative provision and level of care. The school is part of a trust which has achieved excellent results for the past 15 years and continue to provide progression routes for the learners including apprenticeships in major firms in London.
About the Role
· Special Education Needs Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs
· Full time
· Long term
· ASAP start
· Daily rate from £70 a day (dependent on experience)
About the School
· Caters for students aged between 14 and 19 years old with special educational including ASD, social emotional and behaviour difficulties (SEBD) and social emotional and mental health (SEMH)
· Rated ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED
· Help to progress young people into employment
· Non-religious and non-selective school
· Serves people in communities most impacted by social and economic inequalities
· Accessible from Canary Wharf
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Education Needs Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs will need to meet the following criteria:
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
· Proven experience supporting students in PRU setting (Pupil Referral Unit) ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder), social emotional and behaviour difficulties (SEBD) and social emotional and mental health (SEMH)
· Have worked with KS4-KS5
· Strong behaviour management
· Welcome candidates who has a strong understanding of broad SEN knowledge
· Active in sport/ has sport background
· Willing to empower young people and progress them into employment
· Have a particular interest in or experience of meeting health care needs
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number FRA121969.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.