- Teaching full-time special needs children in a classroom environment
- Organize specialized educational learning resources
- Contributing to the advancement of Special Education department and related programs
- Working with staff to identify individual student needs and fostering a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment
- Liaising with outside professionals as necessary
- Adapting conventional teaching methods to meet the needs of individual students in a manner that helps develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability and aptitude
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils development
Working Hours & Schedule
Teachers have 36 working hours per week, which is comprised of up to twenty 45-minute teaching periods, various responsibilities, and some planning time.
There are about 30 days of Macau and school holidays throughout the year which includes both Winter and Chinese Spring Festival breaks, plus about 60 days of summer holidays. Monthly working Saturdays—which often foster community engagement and extension activities—allow us to lengthen our holidays while still meeting contact day requirements.
Compensation & Benefits
The annual base salary range, including housing allowance, starts at approximately US$44,000, after tax. This does not include the annual travel allowance, new year’s bonus, pension contributions, and yearly re-enlistment bonus that is equivalent to one month’s salary. Furthermore, the government of Macau generously provides a teacher’s subsidy of at least US$580 per month. Taken together, the after-tax total compensation that teachers receive begins at US$57,500.
Benefits include local healthcare coverage, reduced tuition for up to two dependents to enroll in the school, assistance in finding an apartment including a one-week hotel stay, and an interest-free salary advance to assist with upfront housing costs if needed.
A bachelor's degree in special education OR Kindergarten/Primary qualification requirements with a focus on special education
Fluency in English, which is the medium of instruction.
Learn more about our school and living in Macau: https://www.schoolofthenations.com/School_of_Nations.php?page=Working_at_SON
How to Apply
To apply for this position, which begins in the 2019-2020 academic year, please click the apply button and complete the simple application form. We strive to respond to all those who apply.