Special Educational Needs & Disability Co-ordinator
Required for: April 2018 or sooner if possible
Pay scale and salary: MPS/UPS – TLR 2C
We invite applications from innovative, resilient, creative and motivated people who can play a key role in the academy. You will set the highest expectations for yourself and for others. You must be committed to ensuring that all students receive an outstanding educational experience in a school that is focused on raising performance at every level.
The successful candidate will:
· Have appropriate SEND qualifications
· Have experience of conducting assessment of learning difficulties
· Have experience of planning appropriate curriculum provision and intervention programmes for students with special needs.
· Have experience and qualifications to conduct Exam Access Assessments
· Be able to successfully lead and manage the Academy's provision for students with learning difficulties and make a wider contribution to whole-school improvement
· Be committed to working with staff and students to help them achieve their potential
· Have an uncompromising belief that all children deserve an outstanding education.
If so, we are recruiting to the above position starting in April 2018 or sooner if possible as we build on our journey of ‘Transformation to Excellence’.
If you think you have the passion, energy and drive to help us to move to the next stage in our development, we look forward to hearing from you.
Application packs can be downloaded from: www.cockburnschool.org/vacancies
The closing date for this post is noon on Friday 8th December 2017.
The school is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, and applicants will be subject to full employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.