We are looking for a motivated and inspiring SENCo to be part of the Senior Leadership Team. The role will include responsibility for the day-today operation of provision for pupils with SEN, including in our Speech and Language Resource Base, providing professional guidance in order to secure high quality teaching and the effective use of resources to bring about improved standards of achievement for all pupils. If you have a passion for motivating and nurturing young learners with SEN and have expertise in the field, we would love to hear from you.
You will need to be a strategic leader of special educational needs who:
- Is a dynamic, motivational leader with a successful record of improving teaching and learning
- Leads by example and has a track record of raising standards and levels of achievement
- Is able to inspire and motivate staff to be part of an outstanding team
- Is an excellent, engaging communicator who will develop strong relationships with children, parents, staff and the wider community
In return, we will offer:
- Enthusiastic, creative and respectful children
- A hugely talented & committed staff including knowledgeable teachers and support staff, speech & language therapists & Place2Be
- A vibrant, richly diverse school community
- First class professional and career development opportunities, including Specialist Leader of Education
- The opportunity to positively impact school improvement and the educational landscape through our role as the lead school in the Endeavour Teaching School Alliance
- The chance to work with a supportive family of schools who share the same passion for primary education
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed so you can meet the team and see our fantastic facilities. If you would like to visit, please email email@example.com with the title SENCo. Please include your contact details in the email.
- Visits: Tuesday 17th April @ 10am & 4:30pm
- Closing date: Monday 23rd April @ 9am
- Shortlisting: Monday 23rd April AM
- Interviews: Friday 27th April
Completed applications should be returned to: Lorraine Stewart, Headteacher Tidemill Academy 11 Giffin Street London, SE8 4RJ Emailed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted as long as you follow this up with a signed copy in the post.
Skype interviews & lesson observations are available for international candidates. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. Tidemill Academy is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and staff. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. We are an equal opportunities employer.