An opportunity has arisen for an outstanding SENCO to lead, manage and develop SEND within the school. The post holder will be responsible for the organisation and monitoring of inclusion staff, working with external agencies to ensure student support, completing statutory SEN paperwork, and take the lead on raising pupil attainment and achievement within the SEN/D students in all year groups. The post holder may also be required to teach in your subject area, at a reduced timetable.
The successful candidate will;
- hold Qualified Teacher Status,
- hold a middle leaders qualification or be working towards this,
- ideally hold a profession SEN qualification, e.g. NASENCO
- either have a detailed knowledge of SEND Code of Practice and up to date knowledge of statutory obligations, or gain this knowledge within the first year of taking the post,
- raise achievement across school for SEND pupils through excellent teaching and learning,
- have experience of leading and deploying a team,
- have experience of working in partnership with external agencies and building effective working relationships,
- lead by example, setting high standards for all,
- have a successful track record of whole school responsibility demonstrating exceptional leadership skills;
- have excellent communication skills and demonstrate openness and honesty;
- have a belief in inclusion and the right of each pupil to maximise their potential, whatever their background need or abilities, and,
- be an exemplary practitioner in the classroom.
Crofton Academy, Specialists in Maths and Computing, is a co-educational comprehensive day academy where the age range of the pupils is 11 to 16. Situated just outside Wakefield in the sought after village of Crofton we are popular locally and beyond our catchment area. We are able to offer staff a secure, supportive environment with continuous professional development. If you have the vision and drive for excellence and want to join a partnership where relationships for learning are fundamental to their continued success we would be delighted to hear from you. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure. All relevant information and application forms can be downloaded from the school website at www.croftonacademy.org.uk. For further enquiries, please contact Louise Stirk, PA to Mr P Walker, Headteacher at email@example.com. The closing date for fully completed applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 18th April 2018. Interviews will likely take place on Monday 23rd April.