The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a fast-growing group of British, International and Local Curriculum schools around the world, aiming to be the Schools of Choice in their local areas. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our students, colleagues, parents, and we are committed to getting better through Amazing Learning.
Tenby Schools Malaysia is a part of ISP and our Tenby schools across Malaysia are located in Ipoh, Penang, Setia Alam, Semenyih, Tropicana Aman and Johor Bahru.
As part of our on-going commitment to our students and parents we are recruiting a Special Educational Needs Coordinator (with EAL capacity) commencing January 2020.
To provide academic and language development support so that any student with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) or English as an Additional Language (EAL) is able to progress with their proficiency and integrate into mainstream school as quickly as possible. To organise and coordinate the non-mainstream provision for students who require this.
- Improve the quality of provision for SEN pupils in the secondary school
- Ensure that the special needs of individual students are met
- Ensure that parents have clear and accurate information about their child’s progress
- To lead the SEND and EAL team (known as The Learning Centre)
- To collaborate closely with teaching staff over the needs of the students they are supporting.
- To maintain and develop systems for identifying students who require extra support
- To maintain the SEND/EAL register
- To oversee the creation and implementation of Individual Education Plans
- To support these students in small groups or on an individual basis and to help to develop their language proficiency through appropriate support.
- The post holder will provide inclusive and appropriate education for students with special needs and English as an additional language, as referred by class teachers and tutors.
- To contribute to the development of teaching staff to improve support for students across the whole secondary school
- To participate in the process of record-keeping, reporting and consultation of student needs.
- Have up-to-date knowledge of current research regarding the teaching pupils with SEN
- To act as a member of the school staff around the school, adopting a general role of care for the students, the building and resources.
- To attend appropriate meetings and training courses to develop their knowledge within the area of English as an Additional Language (EAL) including those occasionally run by the school.
- Appropriate degree and teaching qualification (e.g. PGCE, Bachelor of Education)
- Qualification and experience in teaching children with special needs
- At least two to three year's relevant teaching experience (desirable)
- A passion for teaching and a belief in the education of the 'whole child'
- High levels of professionalism and care for children
- Excellent oral and written English
- Have excellent classroom practice
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Teaching EAL student at KS3 / KS4
For more information about the school visit: www.tenby.edu.my/setia-eco-park
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
- Overseas allowance
- Fee reduction for children of employees
- Medical insurance
- Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract
Initial interviews will be completed through Skype or face-to-face interview depending on location of candidate.
How to Apply
We welcome early applications from interested candidates.
Further information and details of other positions are available on our website: www.tenby.edu.my
Interested candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying to Tenby Schools together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to: email@example.com
Closing date is 30th September 2019.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and add tenby.edu.my to your safe senders list. We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)