Smart Teachers welcomes overseas trained teachers to consider an exciting opportunity to relocate to the United Kingdom and take up a Special Educational Needs TA / Learning Support TA role at a beautiful 1 form entry school in the London Borough of Islington. The SEN TA will need to have experience of working with challenging children who have Autism and/or other behavioural disabilities. The successful Special Educational Needs TA will join a school with an outstanding Senior Leadership Team (SLT) on a timesheet basis to start in September 2019. A permanent contract is possible for the right candidate after a term.
About the Role:
• Working with children in small groups and 1:1
• Must have experience working with Autism
• The children can be challenging physically
• Timesheet basis for the first term
• $135-$165 AUD per day (depending on experience)
About the School:
• Beautiful modern buildings
• 'Good' rating by OFSTED, the UK’s governing body for standards in education
• Brand new school hall with a futuristic feel
• Fantastic supportive leadership team
• Many travel links within minutes from the school
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Educational Needs TA will need to meet the following criteria:
- Relevant qualifications
- Proven experience working with children with ASD
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
About the location:
- The London Borough of Islington is located in Inner London, slightly to the North
- Home to Arsenal football club and the Emirates Stadium (one of the largest football clubs in the country)
- Seen to be one of London’s trendiest, youthful and eclectic neighbourhoods
- Great transport links, serviced by the underground, overground and First Capital Connect Services. Easy links in and out of London
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants
Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a London team to support you when you land
Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to email@example.com quoting job reference number DXH34445KYB.
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DXH34445KYB.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.