Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Special Educational Needs Teacher / SEN Teacher to work with primary aged children in an onsite Autism (ASD) specialist unit at a school in Harrow. Experience working with children with special educational needs is essential. This full time position is to start in January until the end of the academic year. There is potential this will turn into a permanent position. The unit is attached to an ‘Outstanding’ primary school in a lovely residential area of North West London. Children are able to access learning in both the mainstream and specialist setting. The unit is very well maintained and has several well-resourced rooms including a sensory room and an ICT suite. Children also benefit from a dedicated outdoor area which they can access via the unit.
About the Role
· Special Educational Needs Teacher / SEN Teacher
· Working with primary aged children
· Experienced support staff working alongside the teacher
· Experience working with autism essential
· To start in January 2018 till the end of the academic year
· There is potential that it will turn into a permanent position
· Full time role
· NQT’s are welcome to apply
· Daily rate between £140 - £180 – depending on experience
About the School
· Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
· Three form entry school located in Harrow
· Provision for children with ASD onsite
· Nursery attached to the school
· Fully inclusive as students are able to access the mainstream setting as well
· Well-resourced rooms including a sensory room and ICT suite
· Staff have a strong focus on maintaining links between home and school
· Lots of parental support
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Education Needs Teacher / SEN teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a BA Education/PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification essential
· Proven experience working within the UK curriculum
· SEND experience
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number GMA39254.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.