Smart Teachers is recruiting for a highly qualified Special Educational Needs Teacher / SEN Teacher to work on a long-term basis at a special school in Tower Hamlets. The school provides education for students between 14 and 19 years and covers a range of needs including autism (ASD), social emotional and behaviour difficulties (SEBD) and social emotional and mental health (SEMH). The suitable Special Educational Needs Teacher / SEN Teacher will take vocational courses as well as GCSE qualification in arts and creative subjects. The role is to start in January 2018 for the rest of the academic year.
About the Role
· Special Educational Needs Teacher / SEN Teacher
· QTS is essential
· Class size between 10-15 students
· Teaching students with ASD, SEBD and SEMH
· Required to complete SEN paperwork (IEPs, EHCPs)
· January 2018 to end of the academic year
· Daily rate from £140 (depending on experience)
About the School
· Rated ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED
· Students aged between 14 and 19 years’ old
· Help to progress young people into employment
· Non-religious, non-selective school
· Part of a trust which has achieved excellent results for the past 15 years
· Provides progression routes for the learners including apprenticeships in major firms in London
· Achieved excellent results for the past 15 years
· Serves people in communities most impacted by social and economic inequalities
· Regular working hours, starting at 8:30am
· Accessible from Canary Wharf
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Educational Needs Teacher / SEN Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Must have QTS and proficient in SEN paperwork (IEPs, EHCPs)
· Proven UK classroom-based experience in a PRU is desirable
· Experience supporting students with ASD, SEBD and SEMH is preferred
· Strong behaviour management
· Willing to empower young people and progress them into employment
· Have a particular interest in or experience of meeting health care needs
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number FRA1306.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.