Smart Teachers is recruiting for an SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA to support children and young people with special needs at a play scheme setting in Harrow. The SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA will be working on a flexible basis on weekends and holidays. Because of the nature of the setting, we are able to work around the schedule of the SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA based on their availability from week to week. The SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA will be working with children and young adults aged 5-25 with a range of needs including physical disabilities, ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), complex needs, and behavioural difficulties.
About the Role
• SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA
• Supporting individuals aged 5-25 with a range of additional needs such as physical disabilities, ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), complex needs, and behavioural difficulties.
• May be working 1:1 with individuals or in small groups
• Potential for part-time or full-time hours
• Flexible weekend and school holiday work available
• Hourly rate of £9
About the Establishment
• Charity that supports local children with additional needs in Harrow
• During the holiday play schemes, the children partake in a number of themed activities
• There is a particular focus on sensory play so there are a number of resources including sensory toys, technology, etc.
• Will occasionally take the children and young people offsite for trips and activities
• Parking available on site
• Close to transport links (short walk from the Overground or bus ride from a number of underground stations)
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (desirable, but not essential)
• Be comfortable with personal care (feeding and changing) (desirable, but not essential)
• Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number NVC155218.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.